Heat ShieldTM EPX-H2O is a powerful 2-part water based reactive prepolymer that provides thermal insulation for applications where superior performance is needed. Heat ShieldTM EPX-H2O is splash resistant to: 98% sulphuric acid, ammonia, bleach and other acids, bases and fuels.
- Steam Pipes
- Pipe Insulation
- Dye Pots
- Boiler Insulation
- Textile Equipment
- LNG Tanks
- Tank Insulation
- Marine HFO Systems
- Heat Exchangers
- Dryer End Covers
- Fuel & Chemical Storage Tanks
- Other Hot and Cold Process Equipment
- Thermal Insulation
- Energy Savings
- Corrosion Prevention
- Moisture Resistant
- Safe Touch Solution
- Chemical Resistant
- Abrasion Resistant
- 10 Year Warranty
- Maintains Performance Over Lifespan
- Easy to Apply
- In-Service Application
- Tough & Durable
- Use of Surfaces up to 2040°C
Excellent thermal insulation performance to maximise control of heat loss for both reduction of energy costs and improved worker safety. In house thermal testing over metal surfaces at uncoated temperatures between 168-171°C showed an average temperature reduction of 35-38°C at the recommended 2-coats EPXH2O. Actual results will vary according to application thickness and environmental temperatures.
Corrosion & Chemical Resistance
Excellent splash resistance to chemicals. EPXH2O is splash resistant to: 98% sulphuric acid, ammonia, bleach, and other acids, bases and fuels (PH tolerance range of 1-13). Excellent corrosion resistance per ASTM B117.
Low odour, non-toxic and non-flammable. Waterborne coating is low VOC and environmentally friendly.
Resistant to moisture and UV. The coating can be used in outdoor environments and performs well in extreme environments.
Heat Shield™ EPXH2O, part of our patented Heat Shield™ product line, is a 2-part water based reactive prepolymer used for insulation of surfaces and equipment between -40F (-40°C) up to 400F/204°C. The product combines multiple attributes:
- Thermal insulation
- Chemical resistance
- Corrosion resistance
- Moisture resistance
- Long-term durability
- No primer required
- Finish: Semi-Gloss, pebbled/textured finish
- Colours: White, Charcoal Grey, or custom colour upon request
- Application: Can be applied with a texture sprayer or brush
- Minimum Application: Two coats of 10 mils (254 microns) each coat.
- VOC: <150 g/l; 1.25 lb/gal, mixed
- Mix Ratio: 2 components, pre-measured 4:1
(The product must be mixed as packaged, all of pre-packaged Part A and all of
pre-packaged Part B, otherwise warranty is voided.)
- Pot Life: At 55-80F/13-27°C - 24 hours - At 120F/49°C - 16 hours